|CSS&SB Pullman built 103 at the Michigan City Shops on October 23, 1965, photo by Chuck Zeiler. Number 103 was built by Pullman Car and Manufacturing Company in 1926 as a 60 foot combination car with a 16 seat smoking section, 28 seats in the non-smoking section. As built, the cars deliverd in 1926 featured electric heaters and a supplimental hot water heater. During 1943 it was lengthened to a 77 foot car by splicing a 17 foot section in the middle. During 1950 air-conditioning equipment was installed and the windows were changed to sealed "picture" windows.
Michigan City, IN Map
Author: Chuck Zeiler
|Picture Categories: Roster,Yard
|| This picture is part of album: Chicago South Shore & South Bend