PRR 4890, GG-1, 1967         
Electrics. Here is a photo by an unidentified photographer that was taken near Bowie, Maryland, in 1967. Shown here is Pennsylvania Railroad engine #4890, a GG-1 (2-C-C-2) built in Juniata during March of 1940, rated at 4,620 horsepower, owned successively by the Penn Central Railroad and Amtrak, donated initially to the B&O Railroad Museum but transferred to the National Railroad Museum in Green Bay during 1995. Note the ribbon-rail in the foreground. (Gift from Brad Mann.)
Date: 1/23/1967 Location: Bowie, MD   Map Show Bowie on a rail map Views: 314 Collection Of:   Thomas C. Ayers
Locomotives: PRR 4890(GG1)    Author:  Thomas C. Ayers
PRR 4890, GG-1, 1967
Picture Categories: Bridge,Signal,Passenger This picture is part of album:  PRR: Mann ~> Electric Portraits
Share
User Comments No Comments on this picture
Add a Comment:  
Please Log in to leave a Comment.  
Link to this page: http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id=5576212