|Illinois Central work car X2761 had been black-lined and was stored on a spur along the former GM&O main line between Bogalusa and Slidell -- along with some freight cars -- when some criminals tampered with the switch and diverted a freight train into the cut of cars on 1 April 1975. This car was built in January 1930 as the 8-section/1-drawing-room/2-compartment (Plan 3979A, Lot 6334) Pullman BERTHOUD PASS. It was air conditioned in March 1935 and sold to the IC on 31 December 1948, but it never received IC streamliner paint. It was one of about 500 Pullmans that went into U.S. Government storage in the late 1950's, and was withdrawn from Pullman lease in May 1962.
Florenville, LA Map
Author: Michael Palmieri
|Picture Categories: Passenger
|| This picture is part of album: Florenville Wreck