|When Disneyland opened in 1955, the 3 gauge Santa Fe & Disneyland Railroad operated two trains: One passenger train, and one freight (albeit with seating for passengers, of course). The original passenger cars were built with closed side and standard passenger car seating, but this design proved inadequate when the Grand Canyon diorama (promoting travel on the Santa Fe to the Grand Canyons south rim) opened. The original cars were retired by 1974, replaced with open sided cars with sideways seating. But one car, observation car "Grand Canyon", was rebuilt to become the railroads only parlor car. The car is in daily service at the park, but is only open to invited guests - the first of whom was Japanese emperor Hirohito and his wife on a visit to the United States in 1976. Named for Walt Disneys wife, the "Lilly Belle" was moved a few miles north of Disneyland to be displayed at the (nearly) annual Fullerton Railroad Days on May 5th, 2012.