|Two sets of stylish EMD FT's sit in the Kansas City yards waiting for their next assignment. Delivered in April of 1944, this twin 1350 hp duo was one of the driving forces that replaced steam on the Rock Island line. The number of the second set behind is unreadable. In EMD language, the "F" stood for 1400 horsepower (rounded from 1350) and the "T" for twin, as it came standard in a two-unit set.The date is approximate. A Ken Casford photo credit.
Kansas City, MO Map
Author: Gary Everhart
|Picture Categories: Roster,Yard
|| This picture is part of album: CRIP FTA #99